Monday, March 28, 2016

欣賞香港 My Hometown






圖片取自波士頓環球雜誌 Globe Magazine。
By    

LOCALS IN HONG KONG drink something called yuanyang, which is an appealing blend of coffee and milk tea, expertly strained and lightly sweetened. At Lan Fong Yuen, a no-frills Fotomat booth of a stand in the middle of the Gage Street Market, the $2.50 drink is the house specialty. As I savor my cup while trying not to get run over by the stream of honking delivery trucks pushing their way down the crowded street, it dawns on me that the beverage is a metaphor for Hong Kong.


5 comments:

  1. Sadly, I fear Hong Kong is becoming part of nothing and part of everything.
    Do you need an extra janitor in you office?! :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I try to remain optimistic about the SAR's future but I can't. It's sad to see the universal values and the judiciary system have been greatly depleted over the past decade.

      Delete
  2. 香港,每天都有很多新的包括外來的移民,不論是永久短暫或過客,因此亦與以前的有很大的變化,hometown 已不如往日了,甚至我會感到陌生!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 香港再不是以前的香港,這說法十分流行,可以說是萬能key,問題是香港這個政治體制,是否容許原有的價值觀保持不變,或不受到侵蝕,如沒有用行動作保證,前途未感樂觀。

      Delete